Monday, April 14, 2014

WEEK #56

Friends and Family,


This was a really weird week, I'm not exactly sure why haha. The work was just different than normal. We had three investigators confirmed on Sunday during Sacrament Meeting, that was a really cool experience. 

But this week was pretty frustrating for me as far as Portuguese goes! For some reason I just had a harder time expressing everything. But now I am back to normal haha. It was kind of funny though, I went on divisions with Elder Dodson, another American in my district, and we spoke English when we were at our house, and I had such a hard time speaking in English! I just couldn't put my thoughts into words, and so half of the words I was trying to say came out in Portuguese. We had some good laughs though, because we both suck at English now.

We have been teaching Martina still, she hasn't stopped smoking but we are going to work really hard this week with her to help her stop so she can be baptized on Saturday. We are also teaching Noemi and Erica, although they didn't come to church on Sunday. We even got a ride ready for them but they said they had to leave with their sister to go to Paraguay or something.

Right now its super cold compared to normal! I'm not sure how many degrees it has here but its colder than normal. Luckily, we met a family who we started teaching (they are actually our neighbors across the street) and they gave us fuzzy blankets to sleep with so that's good. We have no clothes for cold weather, because in our mission calls it doesn't say anything about cold. But we have transfers on May 4, so who knows! I have a feeling I'm going to get transferred.

Also this week we have Zone Conference, so missionaries from Dourados and Maracaju are coming to Ponta Pora for the conference. It should be good, Ill be able to see Elder Mayolo and Elder Rasmussen from my MTC district again.

Anyways, nothing too out of the ordinary happened this week, just normal missionary work! We continue to be blessed and see miracles every day. I know that this truly is the Lords work and I'm grateful to be a part of it. 

Sorry this letter is kind of brief, we have to go to the center to do some paperwork to renew my Visa so we don't have much time today. But I love and miss you all! I hope you all have a great week!

Boa semana,
Elder Kyle Payne

UPDATE:
Hello everyone, so we just got word last night that my companion Elder Rocha is getting transferred today to Dourados! It is the middle of the transfer so it was really unexpected. But I will be receiving a new companion tomorrow, he is an American who just got his Visa and got to Brazil yesterday. He will be taking a bus from Cuiaba to Ponta Pora today and will arrive tomorrow sometime. I don't know anything about him but they told me they think his name is Elder Willis, but we will see when he gets here. I will be his trainer here in Brazil, which I'm a little nervous about because I only have like 4 months here but it should be good! I'm excited. This also means that I could be staying here in Ponta for another transfer after this one to finish up his training, which would be my 5th transfer here. Pretty crazy! But now my district will consist of all Americans! Not a single Brazilian! haha we will all just have to work and help one another learn the language, since none of us are native speakers. Anyways, just wanted to let you all know about the change that happened! Hope you have a great week. Love you all!

Valeu,

Elder Kyle Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment