Monday, June 10, 2013

WEEK #12


Hello friends and family!

Wow this week has been crazy busy! We have been teaching a lot and doing lots of service. One of families in the branch are moving on Wednesday to Layton, UT. I will miss them! It's crazy how missionaries get so close to members and investigators. I don't want to say goodbye to the Christiansens haha.
My comp and I have been tracting a lot, we walk everywhere! We went over our allotted miles last month on our truck, so we are trying to make up for it by walking everywhere. It's tiring! It's getting me prepared for Brazil though.
Well, we haven't made a ton of progress with the Jones' family this week, they haven't kept their commitments and didn't come to church. It's so frustrating! One day things are going great and the next day things go all wrong! Haha. Such is life. But Doc came to church so that's good. We have taught Roxy more and we are teaching her son about the priesthood, he's 13 and is really interested in becoming a deacon and everything. I know that it will help him a lot.
I have been reading the Book of Mormon a lot during personal study, and I am learning so many things! I love how you can read the same stories over and over, but still get something new from them each time. But I seriously think that somewhere down the line, somebody must have dropped the Plates and gotten them all out of order! Haha because it doesn't go completely chronologically. I have to really focus and pay attention to the details, like who is who's son, which king was righteous during what time, who came out of this land at what time, etc etc. It is so interesting and exciting to read. But I can't believe how stupid people are haha. Time and time again, people are righteous for a while, but then they become prideful and wicked, and fall into sin and temptation. Then they're either rebuked or wiped out. You'd think they would learn from the past? haha.
This has been a great and tiring week, sorry this letter is so short. I know that this gospel is true and I've seen the difference it can make in someones life. This gospel isn't just for "goody goodys" or for people in Utah haha. This gospel is for EVERYBODY. I'm so grateful that we all have the ability to partake of the Atonement and become better. No matter who you are or what you're going through, the Gospel of Jesus Christ IS the answer. This week, with the loss of a loved one, I am especially grateful for Eternal Families. I know that as long as we are faithful and endure to the end, we can have everlasting happiness with our family. What a great promise from our Heavenly Father.
Well everyone, my challenge for you this week is sort of random, but I challenge you all to just go outside and soak up some sun!  God has given us such a beautiful Earth to live on, and so many times we take it for granted. There is so much to be grateful for and so much to do. So get out and enjoy this earth we've been given :)
I hope you all have a wonderful week, and I can't wait to hear from you.
Much love,
Elder Kyle Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment