Monday, May 12, 2014

WEEK #59

Friends and Family,


So we had transfers this week! I got transferred back to Cuiabá! So I wasn't able to email yesterday, because our bus left at noon and I only had a few hours to get everything ready and get to the bus station. But pretty much half of the missionaries in Ponta Porã got transferred, and most of us were on the same bus up to Cuiabá so it was pretty fun. But we took a bus from Ponta Porã to Campo Grande the Capital, a 6 hour bus ride. And the whole time the air conditioner was dripping water on my lap and my had, so finally after a few hours I got sick of it and tied up the headrest covers to the bars above me to catch the water. Problem solved! :) Then we got to Campo Grande and switched buses, then headed out for Cuiabá, another 12 hour bus ride. We traveled through the night, and I was able to sleep for about 4 hours. So after traveling and layovers at the bus stations, we finally made it to Cuiabá after about 22 hours. 

It is much hotter here than it was in Ponta, I noticed that right when I got off the bus haha. Also it was a pain to travel, because I bought some dumbbells in Ponta and brought them with me, so my suitcases were super heavy! haha. But my companions name is Elder Baughan, he is from North Carolina. He is freaking awesome, I'm excited for this transfer, it will be a lot of work but it will be lots of fun. We live with two other missionaries, Elder Anderson and Elder Andrade. So there are 3 Americans in our house. They are super cool guys as well so it will be lots of fun. 

So technically I'm not actually in Cuiabá, I am in Varzia Grande, which is the city right next to Cuiaba. There is a river that divides the two cities, and all you have to do is cross the bridge and you're in the other city. But it pretty much all blends together into one big city. Our ward is called the Mapim Ward, so far it seems awesome. Our zone is the biggest zone in the mission, and includes all the missionaries in Varzia Grande and in the center of Cuiaba. I think there are 28 missionaries.

Our house is pretty interesting, we only receive water every 3 days, and that water has to last for all of our showers and stuff. So we will be taking lots of short showers because here it is AWFUL to be without water! haha. 

So my last week in Ponta Porã was really good, it was super hard to say goodbye to everyone though. I was there for 5 months and I absolutely loved everyone there. I will admit I shed some tears on the bus! haha. But from what I hear, there are some solid elders arriving in mine and Elder Dodson's places in 3rd Ward, so the work should continue just fine. 

So I guess that sums up transfer week, I will attach photos. I love this work and I'm so excited to be here in a new area and to have some new great experiences! I have kind of learned throughout my mission that once we start getting comfortable or used to a certain calling, position, situation, or place in our lives, the Lord gives us higher callings or different challenges, to push us further and help us learn and grow. I know that by being humble and having faith in him, we will be able to reach our potential and become who Heavenly Father wants us to become.  It has really become apparent to me the past few months that there is a reason for EVERYTHING. Every experience, trial, and person we encounter in our lives are put there for us to learn, apply, grow, and to be blessed. Heavenly Father knows us and loves us, and is helping us become closer to reaching our full potential. 

I love you all so much, I hope you have a great week as always! 

Boa semana,
Elder Kyle Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment