Monday, July 28, 2014

WEEK #71

Hello fwends and famwy!

So I don't have a ton of time today, we have lots to do. We got transfer calls last night, I will be staying here in Mapim with Elder Nere for another transfer. I'm excited it should be good! But the thing is, our ward has two companionships so it is divided into two areas. But this transfer one of the areas is being shut down, so me and Elder Nere will be taking over both of the areas, so there will be lots more walking and working in new areas this next transfer! We figured out it takes about 4 hours to walk from one side of our area to the other now. 

Elder man Elder Moody is getting transferred to Ponta Porã! I will miss him for sure, it has been really fun living with him this past transfer, we had some way good times! He is going to first ward in Ponta, but I knew a lot of people in that ward as well so he will tell everyone hi for me, I told him to send my love to everyone down there. Elder Blalock who lived with us is going to Campo Grande in the south, it will be good for him he will be with a Brazilian now so he will pick up the language faster.

We will be moving houses this week, but first we have to find one and get it approved, it is a huge hassle here haha its been a pain in the butt. But we will find one for sure.

So Alexandre didn't end up getting baptized, I was a little bummed out but I think its for the best! We just remarked his baptismal date for this next Saturday or possibly the next one. Not everyone in his family approved of his decision and he felt like he wanted to take care of things and get it worked out before he got baptized, to avoid hard feelings and confrontation. He will be the only member in his family so it is a huge leap of faith for him. But we didn't find out until Friday night while we were waiting for him to show up for the baptism interview. But we will meet with him this week and straighten everything out, I have a lot of faith in him. He asked me to baptize him so it will really be an honor for me. Hopefully we can make it happen this week.

The past week was kind of crazy getting things ready for transfers and with divisions, so our numbers weren't as high as they usually are but we still taught a decent amount of lessons. We are going to be super busy this next week because we are taking over Elder Moody's and Blalocks area and investigators, so we will be getting to know a lot of new people and hopefully we can mark some more baptismal dates. 

We had some good experiences this past week though, Elder Moody and I got stuck in a huge tropical storm on our way back home the other night, it took us forever to get back because the streets turned into rivers practically, we got drenched. I´ll attach a photo. 

Anyways, that about sums up the week, we have a lot on our plate this next transfer but I'm ready! I hope you all have an amazing week, thank you for the love and support. 

Com muito amor,
Elder Kyle Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment