Monday, February 2, 2015

WEEK #98

Friends and Family,

I hope you all had a wonderful week! We had a great week here in Lucas do Rio Verde, we have been working with a lot of less actives to help bring them back to church. Also we found a new investigator that seems to have a lot of potential, she wasn't able to come to church because she worked on Sunday but hopefully she will come next week. She has a lot of friends in the church so we will see. 

Also, we worked things out with Paulo and Marlene and the baptism and wedding is now scheduled for the 20th of this month, which is right before I come home so hopefully everything works out! I think it will :) 

We had some pretty funny experiences though this week, I did divisions with Elder Jeronymo while Elder Rueda was in Cuiabá, it was pretty fun. But also on Friday me and Elder Rueda went to a restaurant to get pizza, normally it is a good restaurant but on the very first piece that Elder Rueda ate he found a cockroach in it, Yes that's right a COCKROACH! We couldn't believe it, so we told the waiter and he brought us a new one, then while I was eating I found a piece of wood in my pizza, i just cracked up haha but I didn't say anything, it wasn't as bad as the cockroach at least. Then I found a hair on the next piece, it was just one thing after another. But when we went to pay we asked for a discount or just not to pay at all because it was nasty, and the lady said she would give us a discount. It cost 46.90 originally but with the discount it was cut down to R$45 instead. So we got a whopping discount of R$1.90! haha i didn't want to pay at all but she said we still had to pay. The joys...

Also Anderson Silva fought on Saturday in his return to the UFC and won, pretty much everyone in the whole city was talking about it over the weekend and yesterday haha. Brazilians love MMA so it has been fun. They kept rubbing it in my face though that a Brazilian beat an American. I was routing for Anderson Silva anyways so it didn't hurt my American pride too bad haha.

The Sisters had a baptism of an investigator on Saturday as well, they have been working with her for the past 3 months so it was good to see her baptized. Her name is Rose and she comes to our English classes on Friday nights. I will send pictures when I get to a better computer :) It is getting harder and harder to teach English though, my English is getting pretty bad haha. Every once in a while I talk to an American missionary on the phone in English but we both struggle to speak in our own language. Its hard to explain but it just happens haha.

As of now though we are hoping to have 3 baptisms before the end of this transfer, so we will keep working hard to make that happen. I know this gospel is true and I'm so grateful to be a representative of our Savior Jesus Christ at this time in my life. I am forever grateful for His sacrifice and for his love and mercy for me. I hope you all have a wonderful week (and valentines day) I love and miss you all, boa semana para todos! :)

Com muito amor,
Elder Kyle Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment