Monday, June 23, 2014

WEEK #66

Friends and Family,
So this letter is going to be a little bit short! Today is the Brazil game so we have to be back at the house soon and stay at home all day. 

But this week was actually really boring! haha. The new Elders got here, Elder Nere and Elder Moody. My companion Elder Nere was really sick all week, so he had to stay inside. Also, Elder Andrade who lives with us was also really sick, so him and Elder Nere stayed together while me and Elder Moody made visits to our investigators in our two different areas a few times. But we were told by Sister Reber to stay and care for our companions and get them medicine and stuff, so basically the whole week was spent at home. I think they both had an intestinal infection or something. But we just sat around talking and drinking Tereré and reading the whole week, so it passed by really slow haha. But we had a few investigators at church though so it was good. I am about halfway through the Book of Mormon in Portuguese, my goal is to finish it by the end of this transfer :)

Oh I also learned how to solve a Rubik´s cube! I feel so proud of myself haha. Elder Moody and I had nothing to do after we finished cleaning and organizing the whole house, so we just sat down for a couple hours and he taught me how to do the rubiks cube. We also made chocolate chip cookies last night! It was a pain in the butt to find all the ingredients and it was pretty expensive, but it was so worth it! I haven't had homemade cookies like that for so long. Also this week I have been making lots of juices, especially Suco de Limão (basically limade) and Suco de Maracujá (passion fruit juice). I'm pretty much a pro at making them now! Super good.

Mirian will be baptized this Saturday, so we will be working with her this week. So hopefully she can keep all of her commitments to be baptized on that date. This next week we will be trying to find lots of new investigators as well. Also, a member of the Area Seventy just moved into our ward, and he is really excited about missionary work so we will be working with him this transfer as well. He is in one of the Quorums of the Seventy in the area of Brazil. His name is Elder Capelete. 

Anyways, not much else to report this week, we spent lots of time with our sick companions so we couldn't get a ton of work done! But this week we will accomplish a lot more. I hope you all have a wonderful week, I love and miss you! 

Abraço,
Elder Kyle Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment