Monday, September 1, 2014

WEEK #76

Friends and Family,

I'm sorry I don't have very much time at all today to write, we have a bunch of stuff to do to get ready for mission tour tomorrow, there will be a bunch of elders coming to stay at our house and stuff so we have to get things ready.

But Elder Watchman and I had a good week, we weren't able to meet with Luciana because she and her husband both worked and traveled, but we were able to set up an appointment for this Thursday so we will see how that goes. The also weren't able to come to church, which was a bummer for us, they seemed really excited to come But I think its because they just got home.

We met a man named Antônio, he came to church on Sunday so that was awesome! He gave us his address but we were unable to find his house because there is no number on it and he said its kind of hidden. He didn't have a cell phone before, but now he was able to get one so we are going to call him tomorrow when we get close to his house and he will help us find it. He just suffered an accident of some kind so he has to walk on crutches and he lives by himself, so I think the gospel would help him a lot right now. I am really excited to get to know him and teach him.

We had to be in a trio for most of the week last week because an Elder finished his mission last week and went home, so Elder Tibbitts stayed with us. It was pretty fun but he had to be outside of his area for a long time. But he went on splits with our Ward Mission Leader and went to Cuiaba with him to teach English so it all worked out alright.

We were able to teach some really good lessons though, and all of our recent converts are still active and coming to church which is good! This week we are also going to reactivate a less-active family if they come to church one more time so that's good :) 

Unfortunately this week one of the less active members we were visiting passed away, she had terminal cancer and passed over the weekend. Her name was Alice, she was super sweet and always so nice to us, but I know she is in a better place now and isn't feeling any pain. It really hit me hard though, because earlier in the week I had the thought that we needed to go see Alice and her granddaughter, but we also had to go to Cuiaba that day so I just planned to go visit her over the weekend when we had more time. But then we found out that she passed away. I know that was a prompting of the Spirit to go see her when she needed us, but I didn't listen like I should have. I feel guilty, but I want to use this experience as a learning experience for me so that I can do better in the future. When we get promptings or feelings from the spirit, these are things from God and he trusts us to do what we feel to be right. I hope and pray that all of us, including myself, will be able to pray and ask for guidance from the spirit, and then have the courage to act on those promptings we receive. I know the Lord guides us through the Spirit and that we will be blessed from our obedience to its promptings.

I love you all so much and I am grateful for all of your thoughts and prayers. I hope you all have a wonderful week! Choose the Right! :)

Love,
Elder Kyle Payne

PS I forgot my camera today but I will send lots of pictures later on in the week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment