Monday, January 5, 2015

WEEK #94

Feliz Ano Novo gente! 
I hope you all had a wonderful week, this week was great for us, we got a lot of references and met some great people! also we had several good meals and churrascos :) Its crazy to think that 2014 is already over! It was probably the hardest year of my life, but also the most fulfilling. I'm super excited for 2015 though! We have some good goals as a district and also as a companionship now, this is the last week of the transfer already but I think me and my comp will both stay here. We will see next week. 

We are still really trying to help Paulo and Marlene get married, the place where they needed to register and stuff has been closed for the holidays but it has opened back up, so now they can register and get married, hopefully this month. we just have to stay on top of it. 

We are still working to bring all of the less actives back to church, we have had little success but we are still trying. There is an awesome member named Valdir who was baptized a few months ago but only came to church one time after that, but we have finally met with him and he wants to go to church again. He just got a little discouraged because of some choices he had made and didn't feel good enough to go to church, but he is starting to realize again that it is the best place for him to be. 

This week we might be going to a city called Novo Mutum again, there is a family out there so we are going to try to go have family night with them like we did in November. It takes about an hour and a half to get there so we will see. 

I am really trying to better my Portuguese as much as I can my last two months, I have been asking a lot of questions and have been learning new words every day. Its nice when you have a Brazilian companion to help haha.

Also we are going to try to visit a lot of members this week and share messages about the restoration and the temple, because there is a caravan of people going to the temple in Campinas (São Paulo) pretty soon. It takes over a day to get there by bus, it is a big trip for everyone in the branch to get to go each year. I'm way excited for them. I think there are a couple families who are going to get sealed as well, pretty exciting. 

Last week my fan caught on fire, so we had to go buy a new one, which took forever to find a cheap one haha. The cheapest one we found that was good quality was R$130, but we talked the guy into selling it to us for 100 so it worked out okay. But it is impossible to sleep without a fan next to our beds because we don't have AC! 

Also for new years I think we went to bed at like 5 in the morning, it was pretty crazy here! We had a party and stuff and at midnight the whole city lights off fireworks, its pretty cool. But the fireworks start on like the 30th of December and go until like the 2nd of January, and all day and night on new years it just sounds like a bunch of bombs going off throughout the whole city so it was hard to sleep. But no worries it was fun, Elder Rueda and I played like 300 games of Uno haha.

Anyways, I love and miss you all! Talk to you soon, boa semana :)

Love,
Elder Kyle Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment